Thursday, December 17, 2009
Hi people, good morning. [12.33am]
Yesterday[which ended 33 mins ago], I had my last campcraft competition training, since I didn't get selected. I should be happy, since I don't need to attend further campcraft comp trainings for the holidays, and less stress for next year.
Anyway, the training started off with warm-ups, as usual. But today's warm up was drills instead of running or jogging. Oh well, practically screwed it up since I was only half awake and all the turning drills sounded so weird. I also don't remember the drill for marching -> hentak. I also don't remember the name of the sizing step 1[something like kelua baris] so when Terence sir gave the command i was ._. standing there.
And during hentak, I was asked to be timer for the first 1.5 min of my life.
"Left, left, left right..."
"YOU SURE YOUR SQUAD MATES CAN HEAR YOU?"
"LEFT, LEFT, LEFT RIGHT..."
In other words, it sucked. But I think I pissed him off when I didn't gave timing for keblakan pusing so another guy was appointed as timer. Sad case.
Anyway, after the drills some people were doing flagstuff and another group was going to do pegging ._. Unfortunately I was in the pegging group.
Haha, I forgot how to remove a peg from the ground so i just pulled it out with my bare hands. I think Terence didn't see that, otherwise I think I would have been knocked.
After that was... lashing. Lashings and knots are awesome because I can still remember how to do them, yeah~
There was a sec 2 senior who passed campcraft but don't know how to tie sheet bend/bent and fisherman's knot. =.= And he passed campcraft. Wth.
Anyway, when we were doing lashings we saw a giant centipede. Okay not really giant but i'll say it's freaking big. But sad for the centipede, it got pushed into the drain "holes" with a dowel pole.
Sec 2 senior pwn the centipede. lol
After the lashing and knots was the "now i will tell you that you are kicked out cause you suck so bad you might as well live with the centipede" part by CI Terence Tsang.
And so ya, I got kicked out. But at least got early release, at 11.00 -.-
That pretty sums up my last campcraft comp training.
Haiz, actually I wouldn't consider campcraft comp training a waste of time. I learnt stuff like pegging and flagstuff, and weird stuff like round turn 2 half hitches. And anyway, I think that flagstuff is totally awesome except for the pegging part cause I don't know how to do it. =.=
The idea of erecting a flag is totally cool.
Hm... Maybe if they teach new stuff next year I go apply again?
See how first, ;)
Kim Yao.
edit: This is probably my longest post on NPCC
Kim Yao @ Thursday, December 17, 2009
"Sorry also must exprain"
------------
BahChorMeeMan Says:
Move on?
Move on your si lang tau ah....
Tagbox
Links
>Class Blog
>Hui Ping
>Sze Ling
>Drima
>Evonne Tay
>Nishan
>Zhi Xun
>Olivia
>Caleb
>Clarice Ang
>Pearly Ang
Archives
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
Quotations of this blog is from: www.mrbrownshow.com
The particular podcast is >here